Here are facts you didn’t know about minnie dlaminnie.
1. She was born on 7 July 1990 in Durban and attended Northlands Girls High School.
2. She rose to publicity in 2010 after she entered a Talent Search for new presenters for LIVE in April 2010 and won the role in June 2010.
3. She took over from roving LIVE presenter Phila Mazibuko and made her first public appearance for the show on Wednesday, 16 June 2010 at Moretele Park in Gauteng, when the show covered Youth Day and World Cup celebrations.
4. Minnie once hit a jackpot when she fell in love with then Kaizer Chiefs and Bafana Bafana goalkeeper Itumeleng Khune. On her 21st birthday Khune blessed the television presenter with a metallic-blue BMW M3 he gave her for her 21st birthday in 2011.
5. She is allergic to milk and cats..
6. After being cheated, Minnie dumped Khune upon discovering the footie’s alleged carnal match with Vanessa Masilo.
7. She revealed that she was heartbroken after she tried all she could to make the relationship work. “If there is one thing I know I did perfectly in my life…it was my previous relationship. It’s just that sometimes things don’t go according to plan and you know you can’t control someone else’s feelings and that’s really what it boils down to.”
8. In January last year the proud Zulu grabbed headlines when she literally claimed to be a 24-year-old virgin by celebrating a ceremony called uMhlonyane, which is done for a young virgin girl when she reaches puberty, to teach and advise her about womanhood and what Minnie’s family did was actually supposed to be uMemulo.
9. Still on the virginity saga, ex-boyfriend Itumeleng Khune, finally commented on the issue this year saying he was also confused by the uMhlonyane ceremony as he would have s3x at a regular intervals with Minnie during their courtship. He claimed that he was a laughing stock to his friends and team mates who knew that the couple were intimate.